- Dalvin Cook: Between Cook and Mixon, I took every down back in run heavy offense.
- Odell Beckham Jr: Most likely to be a high-end WR1 with that was left on board. Would’ve took juju if available.
- Tyreek Hill: He’s a week and league winner. 4 week suspension easy to get over. Will take him every time in 3rd.
- AJ Green: Edelman was safer pick, but if these 3 WRs hit. It is a wrap. Loving take guys at lowest price ever with top-12 upside.
- Lamar Millers: Needed a RB2, and he’s currently a 3-down back. Foreman’s threat, but Miller will still have PPR value.
- Latavius Murray: With weak RB2, wanted to hedge with another upside option is known Saints role.
- Baker Mayfield: Usually don’t take QBs around her; combination of Baker failing. OBJ stack, and not loving RBs/WRs on board. Upside.
- Keke Coutee: Could be reach, but needed potential high-floor PPR options because of risky WRs taken earlier.
- Alexander Mattison: 3-down handcuff to Cook. If Cook were to go down, my RB situation was shaky. Overpaid for insurance.
- Parris Campbell: Another potential reach, but getting my guy in the 10th only in full PPR. Luck, high volume, slot role, Franck Reich.
Tried to mix it up a bit with this mock draft I did last night with @fantasy.football.analyst and others from our IG communities. I’ve typically went with a couple of RBs early and WRs around the 4-6 round range all summer, but wanted to try a different strategy.
I usually want to get a potential elite 3-down back with one of my first two picks, and Dalvin Cook is one of the every-down backs I’m aiming for near the turn. Between him, Mixon, Bell, Conner, and Gurley, him and Mixon were the safest. With Gio Bernard potentially keeping his passing-down role and Cook having no competition there, along with him being in a more run heavy offense, give me Cook as my RB1.
I was hoping either Juju or OBJ was available to me in the 2nd, and OBJ was. AB, Mike Evans were the next best WRs available. I was considering Travis Kelce, James Conner, and Damien Williams here. None had the upside of OBJ, and it would’ve been tough for me to grab a legit WR1 on the way back…
But I might’ve with the Tyreek Hill pick. It seems like Hill is going to get somewhere between a zero and four game suspension, and I’ll take him in the third every single time despite that. Combining him with OBJ raised the ceiling of my team tremendously.
Julian Edelman was available to me when I chose AJ Green, and he would’ve been a great complement as my WR3 to OBJ and Tyreek as a safer option. But with him having a bit of an injury history combined with him being 33 years old, AJ Green was the pick I liked because I wanted to triple down on the WR upside I already possessed. If Green hits, I can potentially have three WR1s. At this point, I was playing very risky but went all in.
With Cook as my only RB, Lamar Miller and Latavius Murray were two picks I needed to make to get some value at the RB position. Either could be my RB2, and both will be involved in the pass game. Miller is the 3-down back going into season, but will have Foreman breathing down his neck. Murray’s role in Payton’s offense has a history of being valuable.
My last two picks of the draft were Justice Hill and Malcolm Brown. Was happy with WR situation, so went with a couple of upside RBs.
Let me know your thoughts! 👇👇